Sunday, April 13, 2008

baby Samuel

I just found out today that my cousin's baby boy who was born on April 7, 2008 had passed away. Baby Samuel was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome which is a rare congenital disease where the left heart is severely undeveloped. I read that there are cases where infants who are successfully treated for this have a good chance of survival though they may experience health problems which are chronic for the rest of their lives....

I guess it's all good... at least baby Samuel didn't have to suffer (because during his stay in the hospital he had no breathing difficulties and wasn't showing any signs of stress).

And he's now sitting up there in the clouds with Great Grandpa, Great Grandma, Grand Uncle West and Grand Aunt Mary... and god knows how spoilt he will be with the older generations with him!

My heart goes out to my cousin and his wife, little Emily and their immediate families for their loss... I can't even begin to imagine what Chun must be going through right now, having to go through what she's gone through...

Requiescat in pace, Samuel

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm sorry about Samuel. On the brighter side of things, well, at least we know he's in a better place under the care of those who loves him too. May the little one RIP.

Secondly, bravo - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome - You can type the full name of Samuel's condition *Phew!