Monday, February 10, 2014

Never forgotten


27 years ago, my father passed away. For some reason, I felt some urge to write him a letter this year.

Dear Papa

It's 27 years today.

You will always be the one who let me play hot cross buns on your tum and mark it with a 'B'.

You will always be the one who brings me endless Vitagen.

You will always be the one who taught me how to balance my red BMX on three wheels.

I don't remember much, but I remember enough

Thank you.

Love and miss you, always and forever

The sad thing for me... is that I'm not really sure what sort of melancholy I'm feeling - the fact that I grew up without a father... or that I don't know what having a father feels like.

I do feel a void. But I'm not entirely sure what the void is. 

I do get jealous sometimes when people tell me stories about things they did with their dad(s), because I have no stories. I hear stories about how cool some of their dads are... or how some of their traits are exactly like their dads... I have none. The only thing I have is - I look exactly like him (which kinda makes me think that I look like a dude >.<)

These are the only three memories that I kind of remember of him. I thought hard and long... alas, these are all I remember.

The rest... are mostly stories I hear about him. Like from my mom - who keeps telling me how handsome he is (no mom, I still don't see it... sorry!) or family who tell me what a wonderful person he was. From what I gather, he was a very selfless guy who loved his family and home.

I wish I remembered more of him.

No comments: