Thursday, March 20, 2008

munching out

I miss hanging out at Maria's Cafe (Greentown)

Maria's Cafe is run by one of my closest friend's family and I'm telling you... the food is goooooddd.... and the countless hours that Aunty Maria has fed me with good food till I have no choice but to undo the top button of my jeans.... bangers and mash... rib eye... potato and leek soup with the little artsy fartsy thing on top... roast lamb... warm chocolate cake... carrot cake... pastries + afternoon tea ohhh and the list goes on...

I know, I know, you're probably thinking "Yeah it's her friend's place, of course she's promoting it," well you're damn right I am...

You know what makes me like a place? A restaurant to be exact?

Well I'm pretty picky. Especially about restaurants/cafes and fine dining kind of mumbo jumbo. Because there are plenty of places that people go to - to be seen. It's so cool to be seen hanging out at Posh Cafe. I feel so posh now. Ooohhhh.... oh posh schmosh. I can't be bothered. I live to eat and not eat to live... I think people who eat to live are somewhat depressing... and that everyone should be able to... and ALSO want to enjoy what they're eating... rather than just stuffing it down their throats so that they don't feel any hunger pangs... hahaha that's ridiculous... oh god I'm laughing at my own joke now....

I know this restaurant in Ipoh where EVERYBODY loves to go there to be seen schmoozing with poshness.

I've got four words for you people "HAHAHA, you'd think so!"

Every now and then, I"ll get someone who wants to go there just to have a cup of coffee... which by the way is pretty alright.. but then to drive all the way out there at night after a home cooked meal JUST FOR A CUP OF COFFEE... or is it JUST TO BE SEEN? But I guess to some people it matters.... shallow isn't it?

Going out for food means getting what you want out of a great dining experience and I want good food. Period. End of sentence.

You wanna know why? If the food is good, ambiance is cozy, decor is warm and the people are just fantastically well-mannered... voila! You have your perfect dining experience. Well for restaurants/cafes for that matter.

Maria's is the kind of place that I can literally sit there ALL day long... well partly because my friend's mum runs the place but that's besides the point. It's comfy... it's got great food and munchies to fill you up... illy coffee and it's WiFi enabled!!!! Ahhh I'd die for one of those afternoon tea pastries with a nice steaming hot cup of italian coffee right now....

Maria's Cafe recently opened up a second branch in Damansara Perdana... Aunty Maria and Mary are no longer in the Greentown outlet... *boo hoo* but heck... I still go there (not as often as I used to though) for lunch sometimes because to tell you the truth... the food is effing good.

Anyhoo... I'll continue rambling and rambling so I need to stop now... there's a link to the blog on the right column on my page so check it out... better yet... just swing by the cafe and munch... munch till you drop!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Mm.. I've never been to Maria's Cafe. Maybe should visit one of these days..