Thursday, April 7, 2011

Maybank's new security feature

For the past month, every time I log into my Maybank online account, I was prompted with a pop-up saying that they'll be upgrading their security services.


Last week when I logged in, I was greeted with a notification asking if I'd like to upgrade now, so I clicked yes. It brought me to a page with about 25 images or so and asked me to choose one. It was quite weird... so I randomly clicked a white flower.


Then they asked me for a security phrase. So I typed in "Take your pants off and jacket". After that, there were the usual three security questions that only I would know the answer yadda 3x.


After that whole process I was thinking "Wow they really went through quite a bit eh?"


Yeah... right...


Because now EVERY TIME I log in... Maybank displays that for the whole damn world to see.




I mean seriously??? If I were to be prompted "Please choose an image/type in your secret phrase to confirm your identity." I wouldn't be as pissed...


Geez... it's not like it's even a trick question... at least they could show me the wrong image/phrase...


So much for "better security"


Bah!

No comments: