Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What's your bucket list?

1. bucket list

A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket".
I need to remember to add skydiving to my bucket list.

I just got to think about this today. There are so many things I want to see.... and do... so I decided to write a bucket list.

Here are the top few on my list.

1. See the Aurora Borealis

I've dreamt about seeing this for a very long time but unfortunately I am in no financial situation to indulge myself in this just yet. 



Image taken from here
------------------------------------------------
2. Buy a Mazda Miata

This has been my dream car since 1999 (or so) and I actually prefer the 2nd Generation. Last year I got an offer to buy a 1st Generation (NA) MT for 40,000MYR but on second thought, I didn't want to bog myself down with a 20 year old car that would probably spend most of its time in the workshop.

Then last week, I checked the local Mazda site. It's so depressing that even if I have the means to put down the 10% deposit and take a nine-year loan, I'd end up paying 2,400MYR per month just for it.

Again, I am in no financial situation to indulge in this just yet....


Image taken from here
------------------------------------------------
3.Visit Japan

I met one of my best friends in 1998 when she came to Malaysia on a student exchange program. We've remained fast friends since then and while she's traveled to Malaysia countless times, I have yet to visit her in Japan. If I can, I'd love to stay there for a year - be it home stay or work visa just to experience everything possible.

Unfortunately for me, I'm dating a guy who has an aversion to raw food which also makes him very apprehensive when it comes to Japanese cuisine (he's basically a very picky eater). So traveling to Japan with him would be difficult.

I hope to be able to at least do a one week trip next year for my 31st birthday. *fingers crossed*

Image taken from here

No comments: