Monday, January 5, 2009

It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.

Went to BK for dinner today and we were kinda watching the stuff on telly and this made me think

It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.

I think it's true. I do think that it's happier to be sometimes cheated on than not to trust. This is what I'm learning to do. I think trust is a very important thing in life - not just relationships. One of my biggest and ugliest weakness is that I can never have complete faith in anyone.

I don't know what it is, but I could never place complete trust and faith in any one in my life.

Maybe one part of me is just too skeptical about things. Maybe part of me believes too much that if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. Maybe part of me has been hurt too much that I could never allow myself to be vulnerable again. Maybe I'm just weird.

I cheat. Not physically of course. But mentally I do. I lie a lot. I always try to believe that I can never lie to the ones I love. But in actual fact, everyone lies to the ones they love the most. I think it's an instinct - lying is some sort of protection.

I know lying for me, is some sort of natural defense mechanism. I'll revelate that later. Still trying to figure out why I do that. Probably an only child, fantasy world thing....

But I would much rather be cheated on sometimes than to have someone not trust me and to not be able to trust that someone.

I lie because I know it makes the other person happy. For me, nothing is more important than that. I'd much rather spend my life in misery than to watch the ones I love spend their lives in misery because of me. I would sacrifice my happiness for theirs, even if it meant that I would be miserable.

To see them smile, is my happiness - and I would give up everything just to have that happiness.

No comments: