Sunday, June 28, 2009

What do you do when.....

Your best friend doesn't like your boyfriend?

One of my best friends (I have four) totally dislikes the fact that I'm with the puppy. She's expressed her dislike since the day we met. She's known him longer than I have, so it's rather fair because she knows what kind of person he is and I know she's just looking out for me.

But sometimes it's disheartening.

It's gotten to an even worse level. About a month ago, we were IM-ing and she told me that she doesn't want me to marry the puppy. If that means the end of our friendship so be it.

I laughed it off. Made a joke out of it. But deep down, it got me thinking. Is it really that bad that I'm dating the puppy? Is it really that bad that she had to come up with an ultimatum?

Two days ago she IMed me. She's coming back to Malaysia for a short 2-week visit. Sept 28. I told her, that day is not good for me. Why she asked. It's our first year anniversary. Lame. You are lame. She said.

By the way, when I'm in town, I don't want to hang out with him, so don't bring him out. I still can't believe you're with him AND living with him. How lame. She continued.

My other friends don't have a problem with me dating the puppy. In fact they're rather supportive of it. He's been one of the best things that happened to me, besides, we've been together for nine months already with minor issues, no major issues.

I can't wait to see her. I haven't seen her in about two years already. But at the same time I'm feeling a bit apprehensive because of her attitude towards the love of my life.

Anyways... today is the 9-month anniversary. I'm proud of us. We've made it this far. I can't wait for the 10-month anniversary.

In celebration of our nine months together - I made a lamb with fusili and tomato dish... and we went to watch a movie the night before :P

Dinner and a movie hahaha

No comments: