Friday, June 17, 2011

Perodua Myvi.... Lagi Best!

Last month I got the chance to test drive the new Myvi :) It was a lot of fun and I wish I could.... but I wasn't allowed to post anything up until they launched yesterday at the PWTC.

Anyways, here are some pix that I took that day!


See... Media Test Drive/Preview Event! I'm part of the cool crowd :P Hahaha just kidding. Most media work ahead of time so a lot of companies give us sneak peeks so that we can time the publicity and the launch at the same time :)


Here we go... the unveiling of the new Perodua Myvi!!!

1....


2.....


3!!! Tadaa!!!

It looks pretty cool right? So much sleeker than the older version. I like how the new curves and bold lines makes it look so much more dynamic...


Test drive time! I picked a manual transmission to try out. It was pretty good, except that it's a new car, so the clutch was a little stiff.... but yeah smooth drive and it's got plenty of interior space... perfect for people like me! (you should see the back seat and boot of my car right now, it's FILLED with stuff!)


The Perodua Myvi Elegance model (highest of its range) comes with a multi tasking touch screen multimedia system! It's a radio, GPS, DVD player and also works as a hands free profile. Yup you can use it as your phone as well! Just plug it in and tap on the screen.

Unfortunately, the DVD player is fitted at the front, so according to the rules of the Traffic Department (JPJ), it will only work with the hand brake is pulled!

You know what else is great about this system? It plays MP3 and WMA formats... and is compatible with USB and Bluetooth devices! All it needs now is an iPhone/iPod dock :)


The new Perodua Myvi comes in six colors.... but it's brand new feature color is Mystical Purple. It's pretty nice... and from some angles it comes off very dark... almost like a black but not really black.... if you know what I mean.


That's how spacious the boot is. It actually goes in a bit deeper but with so many people around, I couldn't climb in to show you :) But yeah this is my basic 'measurement' for how big a boot is. If I can sit comfortably in it... then it's good enough for me.

Plus, the back seats fold 60/40 if you need more cargo space. (60/40 means the back seats are divided into a one and two-seater so you can pull either the one-seater down or the two-seater down or both!)


The engine. I saw a lot of people taking pix of it so I did it too but I have no idea what I'm looking at... hahaha!


That's me at the wheel :) This is that Mystical Purple that I was talking about. Quite nice, right?

How could I pass on a cam-whore opportunity? :)

2 comments:

Carlos Harris said...

How about the myvi price ? Interested in buying a Myvi. If you have a full price range, pls let me know!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great post! I love your articles! I'm a car fanatic and coffee lover. I am used to using coffee capsule, I make my own coffee capsules with a k cup & nespresso coffee capsule filling sealing machine. But I am finding new ways to enjoy coffee recently