Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's June....

Time really flies.

I've gotta tell you, 2011 has really been a harrowing year for me.

First the puppy fell down; then his mom decided to cut him off completely since Christmas last year, making our financial situation really really rocky; work has begun to pile up and I'm beginning to wonder if I made the right move, so it's been pretty much downhill this whole year.

I've just gotten a tip off that an international hotel resort about 15 mins away from home is looking to hire someone for their PR side. I know I stopped working in the corp world because I couldn't take the mundane-ness of it, but seriously, I think I have to be a bit more practical these days.

I think I made a bad move - career wise. I had always wanted to be a writer - for as long as I can remember. Then when this opportunity came along, I jumped at it. But now I'm thinking that it's not that all worth it.

Why?

a) I'm write and do stuff that I don't like, don't believe in or are against my principles because these people are clients. It really makes me think why am I doing this? I've just begun to realize that, at the end of the day, it's not that much about the writing but about how much money they can get from the writing.

b) It's not a job that pays well. I know I get quite a fair bit of free things, like trips or products but those stuff do not help to pay the bills - especially not with the financial situation I've been in for the past 6 months...

Oh well, I just wanted to rant.... sorry about this!

No comments: