Saturday, October 25, 2008

Let it slide

He came back last night and we had our normal routine – snuggling up on the couch and watching movies. Then he said that he should leave because he has to wake up early and he didn’t get a good night’s rest the night before (as if I needed any more reminders!)

He had laid his head to rest on my chest and my cheek was resting on his forehead then I said “Hun… can I tell you something that’s been bugging me?” then he held me closer, nodded and said “Sure… go ahead,”

“Hun… I’m very glad that you were honest enough with me to tell me what went on and all that stuff… but I have to tell you that it really bugs me to know that you were in bed with someone else…”

*moment of silence* “Baby, I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay… it’s just that it bugs me and I wanted to tell you cuz I don’t like keeping things like these in,” and then I kissed him on the forehead.

“Baby I’m so sorry…. She’s just an old friend… and nothing happened,”

“I know nothing happened… it’s just that the thought of it….” Then I shuddered to show my discomfort.

He looked up at me and I had my upset/disappointed/sad face... then he had the saddest face on earth then he looks at me in the eye and said “I’m sorry… I didn’t know it would bug you,” and he held me tight.

I know, you’re probably thinking that I’m easy but then again, knowing him…. He’s VERY stupid in that way… as in, he doesn’t really put himself in others shoes and as long as he knows that he’s not doing anything wrong then it’s fine by him.

But I had some advice from a friend. Curb the green eyed monster.

I'll let it slide this time... I can't hold on to things like these. It's not worth holding on anyways. I care about him too much to create a fuss over this. As I said, I haven't come this far and stuck my neck out on this much disapproved relationship to let this set us back.

For the first time in my life, I actually feel content.

And I don't intend to let it go away....

No comments: