Friday, December 18, 2009

Lucky enough to forget

"Forgive and forget. That's what they say. It's good advice, but it's not very practical. When someone hurts us, we want to hurt them back. When someone wrongs us, we want to be right. Without forgiveness, old scores are never settled… old wounds never heal. And the most we can hope for, is that one day we'll be lucky enough to forget." - Meredith Grey :: The Heart of the Matter
I'm recently going through a bit of a 'matter' and we had a huge emotional falling out. I can't help but keep playing it in my mind even though I told him I will throw it out the window.

Long story cut short, it was about the same bitch again and again. Colin doesn't seem to realize that his friendship with her is jeopardizing AND threatening the relationship he has with me.

But we've both kind of come to a compromise... I will stop bringing it up and he will cut her off from his life.

Unfortunately, I have got old wounds that will take a very long time to heal and what this is doing now is rubbing salt or pouring sand into the wound. I don't want it to affect me any more than he wants it but sad to say, take it or leave it. I can't just wake up one day with no wounds. Even so, there will be scars. And I don't need any more.

I'm going to try to attract more positive things in life....

So here's to hoping, that I will be lucky enough to forget... and to have forgiveness because right now.... I have lost all faith and hope....

No comments: