Sunday, February 21, 2010

Flavour Shaker

Not entirely a new toy.... I actually bought this last year but took it home to try with mom and left it there... during my last trip, I brought it back since it was literally collecting dust in the store room *cringe* Sorry, Jamie!

What is this?
Well the Flavour Shaker is thing that Jamie Oliver invented to help you prepare food quicker... it's got this ceramic ball in and it helps to crush... grind... bruise your ingredients. It's really more for oils and marinades (well at least for me at this point it is...)

So what I did was this.... make a nice oil marinade with a good lug of olive oil and a small handful of rosemary leaves.... chuck in the ceramic ball and gave it a good shake


This is the before (L) and after (R) shot. I know it doesn't look that all different but it does.... it really does

Then I took the meat, stabbed it with a fork for a bit and massaged some salt and pepper for flavour....

And I chucked it ALL in a zip lock bag to marinade over night.


End result?

You be the judge *wink*

No comments: