Thursday, July 7, 2011

Princess weddings....

I confess... I've ALWAYS wanted to be a Disney princess when I was growing up. The lovely dresses, the great ending, a Prince Charming, oh the list goes on.

I remember when I was quite young, probably around 3 or 4 years old (I know this for a fact because my dad was still alive then - he passed away 2 weeks before my 5th birthday), I used to be obsessed with Snow White. I would even pick a flower from the garden, then lie down, and place it on my hands, which were neatly folded on my chest. So either mom or dad would have to kiss me to wake me up!

My grandmother even made me a "wedding" dress - complete with veil and bouquet :) my cousins and I would take turns playing bride & bridesmaid.

Getting married has always been a dream of mine - but then again which girl doesn't have a wedding dream.... right?

So when I came across Alfred Angelo's Disney collection, I was estatic!!! This makes me REALLY REALLY want one for my wedding!

Okay, enough talk - it's picture time!

My top 3 choices are........ *DRUM ROLL*

Princess Ariel from The Little Mermaid

Although I do know that I will never be able to pull of a mermaid dress. I don't have the body shape for it. Ahhhh but a girl can dream, can't she? :)

Front

Back
All that detail in the folds at the back, simple gorgeous, no?

Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

This was more of because I loved Aurora's voice and the fact that she had 3 fairy god mothers, of which, two kept changing the colour of her dress!

Front

Back




Here's another shot :)

This by far is my favourite dress! It looks almost exactly like Belle's dress except that it's white... and it's real! I would seriously love to wear this to my wedding! OMG OMG OMG I'm fantasizing already :P shhhhhh don't tell the pup!


Front


This is the fun part. See that shrug? It's detachable. So you can have two looks with one simple manoeuvres Alfred's such a genius


See? Perfect looks for the ceremony and the luncheon!

Okay, we've seen my top three choices, here is the rest of Alfred's collection. Enjoy!

Cinderella from Cinderella

Front

Princess Jasmine from Aladdin

Front

Back


Front

Back



Front

Back

All images taken from www.alfredangelo.com/disney/

No comments: