Tuesday, June 17, 2008

11 Januari

I realized I like Indonesian music more than Malaysian music.

Not that I don't support the local music scene... I do...

But gone are the days of ---->
Jason Lo (can you imagine how stinky either one of us was with all that mosh pit shit going on earlier) and John's Mistress (this was actually taken on a bet... because my besties dared me to hahaha)
So are gushing about how cute the drummer is with my bestie or sneaking around corners to peek at them.

Ahhh good ol' days of running around with not much of a care in the world.... just plain being 18.

Anyways back to my rant for the day. I heard this song and every time I hear songs like these, I have to search up the lyrics. Then the lyrics ALWAYS blow me away.

It's amazing how simple the lyrics are and yet how much meaning it carries.

Gigi - 11 Januari (Peace, Love & Respect)
Sebelas Januari Bertemu (Met on January 11th)
Menjalani Kisah Cinta Ini (And started on this journey of love)
Naluri Berkata Engkaulah Milikku (Instinct told me that you are mine)
Bahagia Selalu Dimiliki (Happiness which will always be mine)
Bertahun Menjalani Bersamamu (Years together with you)
Kunyatakan bahwa Engkaulah jiwaku (I swear that you are my soul)

Akulah Penjagamu (I am your guardian)
Akulah Pelindungmu (I am your protector)
Akulah Pendampingmu (I am the one by your side)
Di setiap langkah-langkahmu (In every step of your way)

Pernahku Menyakiti Hatimu (Have I broken your heart)
Pernah kau melupakan janji ini (Have you forgotten our promise)
Semua Karena kita ini manusia (We are human after all)

Akulah Penjagamu (I am your guardian)
Akulah Pelindungmu (I am your protector)
Akulah Pendampingmu (I am the one by your side)
Di setiap langkah-langkahmu (In every step of your way)

Chorus:
Kau bawa diriku kedalam hidupmu (You bring me into your life)
Kau basuh diriku dengan rasa sayang (You bathe me with love)
Senyummu juga sedihmu adalah Hidupku (Your smiles and tears are my life)
Kau sentuh cintaku dengan lembut (You touch my love with gentleness)
Dengan sejuta warna (With a million colors)

No comments: