Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chiam See No 8

I have this thing, that whenever I go to Penang to visit my grandparents, I have to go get my fortune from this spinning wheel thingie at the Chaiya Mangkalaram Buddhist Temple in Burmah Lane. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember and will probably continue to doing it. I guess it's more of like a ritual thing for me.

What I love about this fortune thingie is that, the fortune reads in four languages - English, Mandarin, Malay (olden Malay to be exact) and Thai.

This time during a family reunion in Penang, as usual I visited my grandparents and had a go. This is my fortune.

"YOU who get this No 8 are however, not good for everything. Your present condition is like a big-tree receiving no wind and rain and its main roots have entirely been cut off. It is better if you are able to remove your present residence to some other place. Your property which had beenl ost can hardly be found. You have very little hope in love affairs. In case of prosecution, you will perhaps be the loser. Your aim for other things is rather poor."

Not exactly the best of all... but still... you take life as it comes and make the best out of it :)

No comments: