Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My new scar....

Justify FullSo yesterday, I had this urge to go shoe shopping. And no, it wasn't one of those impulsive shoe shopping sprees. I had this feeling that I needed new shoes for some reason.

So when we got home... he started fiddling with Reason again... equalizing Teardrops (again).

The clock struck 1900hrs. I pondered whether or not to disrupt his train of inspiration for work. I looked over my shoulder to see what he was up to. Full on concentration. Hmm. Shoe shopping can wait.

The clock struck 2000hrs. I was getting a bit hungry. I still had the urge to go shoe shopping. He was still equalizing. I hear a thunderstorm brewing...

2030hrs. He realized that it was past 8 and we hadn't eaten. "Hun come let's go eat..." the moment he said that, the rainstorm swept our entire area with pelting rain and thunder. "Umm I don't think we can leave the house..." I told him. So let's wait till the rain stops.

The rain started to cease at about 2200hrs. We decided to go out anyways. On the way to the elevator I told him that I want to buy new shoes. Then I showed him the slippers I had on. The grip on the soles were pretty much gone. We laughed about how good it was to slide in them.

Dinner went on fine. Then I remembered that I needed to go to the ATM, so on our way back, we stopped by the ATM near our condo. Now this is a bank's building by itself in a business area so there were no parking spots nearby. He pulled over at the curb and said "Be careful. I'll keep a lookout for you ok? Go slow,"

I nodded and went off. I was feeling rather skittish. Skip skip skip all the way to the machine. Press press press got me money out. On the way back to the car, I decided not to skip because my slippers had no grip, it had just rained and there was a small slope towards the main road.

I walked.

I slipped.

I fell. I didn't even realize I fell until I looked at him. He had shot out of the car and was running towards me. I got up and thought I was fine. He held on to me and asked if I'm alright. I told him that I just fell on my ass.

He opened the car door for me and that's when we saw how bad it was. Blood started to ooze out from my knee and my foot then it started to smart.

We rushed home and when we reached, I turned on the light to see how I could wear my slippers. It was impossible.
Long story cut short. We cleaned the wounds and dressed it. I cried my eyes out because it hurt so bloody bad.
I felt incredibly grateful that he was around and he is incredibly wonderful. I wouldn't know what to do without him. He sat with me in the bathroom thru all the tears and blood comforting me and soothing me. I love you sweetie... :)
the cleaned foot (well as much as I could... it bloody stung like mad!)
the teeniest of my wounds but still, equally painful

Went to see the doctor this morning,had my wounds cleaned and dressed and got a tetanus shot. Doc told me that I should've come in last night after I fell down because my knee could use some stitches because the gash is quite deep. Now it will probably scar.
that's the gash on my knee. you can't see it because blood is still oozing out... and those little white-ish stuff at the bottom, is extra skin, which btw the doctor snipped off today...

She put me on antibiotics, antibiotic cream AND an MC :) Such a wonderful doctor.

So lessons learnt from this : -
a) If you have an urge to do something that you normally don't get - DO IT.
b) Never to go back to that ATM ever again
c) Skip and run all you want. It's walking that hurts you apparently...
d) Always... have a boyfriend like mine :) cuz he can help melt all the pain away :)

1 comment:

Mel said...

That looks quite bad. You better take good care of the wounds! And watch your diet, to minimise the scars (if any)! I would've cried too, and box the poor doctor who's responsible for the painful injection :P