Saturday, May 15, 2010

big bad burger part III

Almost two years ago, I stumbled across this article about a Quad burger and I remember telling the puppy that I would like to try it - yes I know, I have really bad eating habits but then again it's not like I do it all the time.

And then I remembered pondering on whether or not I should do it or how I would want to make my own burger.

Never got round to doing it.

FINALLY got around to making our own burgers. Beef patties, bacon, swiss cheese, grilled egg plant, sauteed onions and mushrooms on french bread with wedges on the side.

This is how it went

I made beef patties with chopped up basil, rosemary, garlic and shallots mixed with seasoning and breadcrumbs

Then pan fried/seared the patties. Mistake here was using a griddle pan. Should always use a flat pan so that the meat cooks with the juices making it nice and moist.

Filling. Grilled egg plant, pan fried bacon (nice and cripsy) and sauteed onions and mushrooms. These really complemented the meat very well.

Wedges baking in the oven. Cut the potatoes length wise then drizzle some olive oil over before you sprinkle wedge spice powder over. Toss them well and just chuck them in the oven to bake for a good 30 mins or so. Remember to take them out halfway and move them around so that they bake evenly.

The finished product. I layered my burger with the grilled egg plant, first beef patty, sauteed onions and mushrooms, swiss cheese, second beef patty, ketchup, mustard and topped it off with a layer of bacon.

No comments: