Thursday, May 6, 2010

my creepy parking neighbor

It all started sometime early this year. I kept bumping into this guy who parks right next to me in the parking lot in the mornings. So since we park next to each other and see each other sometimes, we smile and nod our heads at each other.

Then one day, on my way to work, I saw a piece of paper stuck at my car door window. I walked closer and it was his calling card and he had written on it "Your neighbour"

At that point I tried to think of it as kind of like a nice gesture, he was trying to be friendly, that sorta thing. At the same time, alarms kinda went off in my head. So I asked a guy friend for his thoughts and which btw he blogged about it. Read it here.

In the end, out of courtesy (and naïveity I suppose) I emailed him to say hi and to introduce myself... and that was it. I haven't seen or heard from him since.

Yesterday morning, I realized that he has parked his car in the inside parking, because as I was walking from the lift lobby past the parking lot to get to the porch, his car drove by and stopped for me (and some other residents) at the pedestrian crossing. So since I recognized him, I just nodded and smiled.

Do you know what he did?

When I got to the car, I noticed a car stopping in front of mine. I look up and it was him. He had STOPPED HIS CAR. WOUND THE WINDOWS DOWN. YELLED OVER "HI CLAIRE!"

A little flattered but creeped out at the same time. I just flashed him a smile and said "Morning!" and got into my car a pronto!

Today... I get an email from him which reads "Hi... nice to see you again yesterday, we should meet for a drink sometime."

*facepalm*

2 comments:

slacker said...

Oooh.. so when are you guys going out for coffee?

=D

the ~babygirl® said...

SHUT UP