Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Body Shop Heroes of the Earth Launch, Subak.

I was pretty excited about this I must say - mainly because it was held at Subak which I've always wanted to go, but never managed to...

The place was kinda hard to get to... but it was well worth it.


The welcoming banner... as you can see, the place is pretty tucked into the foothills and is very much inspired by nature


Their cool display. They actually transported an actual rain shower over just for this! The Earth Lovers Shower Gels are finally 100% biodegradable which is great news for the environment! Now you can even take these on camping trips with you to shower and not worry about polluting the soil or water!

They come in seven gorgeous smells - Apricot & Basil, Cucumber & Mint, Watermelon & Eucalyptus, Fig & Rosemary, Lemon & Thyme, Pear & Lemongrass and Aloe Vera for Sensitive Skin.


A guessing game. Every table had a basket with some of the ingredients as well as unmarked bottles of the body gel range. We were required to rely on our sense of smell to identify which was which... unfortunately for the people at The Body Shop, they didn't cover up the ingredient list at the back, so it was pretty easy for us :P





You can see why I fell in love with the place.... it's SO inspired by nature, it's actually got water running down from the hillside filling up the pond and instead of completely clearing the land to build the place, they built the place around the land.


The Body Shop's Citronella candle. These candles are made from 100% vegetable wax which is safer for both the consumer and the environment. This is the one where each one sold, contributes to raising funds for Sisters in Islam. There are a few more. Check out The Body Shop's Candles of Conscience campaign here.


A close up of the display. Of course the fruits and vegetables that were used for the body gels were on display too.



Get those creative juices flowing and make your own juice! You know when I first heard of this, I though we get to really make our own... turns out a guy will make it for you, you just tell him which ingredients you want *facepalm*

(L-R) Oranges, apples, lemons, watermelon, celery and mint, take your pick; mine was a apple, celery and mint which wasn't that all good, but heck, it's real fruit juice so I have no complaints and Steph's watermelon, apple, lemon and mint.



Pick your plant and be your own gardener!



They had sweet basil, rosemary and mint.




And if you didn't know how to do it... they had staff on hand to help or show you the right way to do it as well as offer advice you on how to take care of the plant.


While waiting for my turn, I saw these! I haven't seen these items in real life! For the life of me, I can't remember what it's called, but the one on the left is some sort of mortar & pestle, but instead of pounding the ingredients, they're rolled across the 'board'.

The next one, is a grinder. I'm sure they use it for other stuff as well but I've seen it more commonly for soy - to make soy milk or tofu.



Anida, who had the patience in the world to neatly transplant her mint.


My rosemary and Steph's mint. I walked past the planting area and saw that there were extra plants so I asked if I could get another and they said yes... so now I have a rosemary and mint! :)


Oh, and remember that guessing game (that we pretty much cheated on)? Well we won it! So each member of the team won a complimentary The Body Shop Shampoo set.

No comments: