Monday, June 28, 2010

My first day

I started my new job today. I am now officially part of the Malaysian Women's Weekly team :)

Gosh it's so exciting... and I've got tons to do...

Work load is a lot... since I'm doing about 5 columns all together... but it's great fun. I can't wait to be really familiarized with the whole process and really get to do what I want to do and add my touch to the magazine.

Colleagues... are alright. So far my editor is the best around. The others (who has been there for at least 4 years and more) aren't entirely friendly, which is a tad odd... It's a bit like they're testing me or wanting to see what kind of a person I am before getting close to me... oh well...

Sucky bits - parking is a big fat hassle. Starbucks is right across the road (someone spell caffeine dependency). Work mates aren't the friendliest in the world. No access to my emails or social networking sites (except for off office hours).

Great bits - I'm working for a magazine!!! I have my own columns!!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Congrats, lemme know when ur columns're published =)

the ~babygirl® said...

My stuff are going to be in the Sept issue :) keep a lookout then!

Mel said...

Please remind, okies. Good on you!!