Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Estee Lauder Model Search 2010

I was at the Estee Lauder Model Search (ELMS) at KLCC Concourse area and I gotta tell you... I love runway shows. The lights, the fashion, the beautiful people, the wave of flashes from the photogs DSLRs and loud music just does something for me.

So anyways, yeah - the ELMS was pretty good. There were beautiful women everywhere! Oh and a cute guy just sitting right across the runway from me... but I'm pretty sure that
a) he's taken
b) he's younger than me

On an overall, I must say I'm a bit disappointed because the one I thought would win, didn't win (obviously not so good at predicting things!) and I was kind of upset that most of the girls couldn't really speak. Especially those in Category B (30 years old and above).

There's no point just looking pretty and model-like if you can't carry yourself well in public. It seemed like no one trained them in that section!

Anyways, here are some pictures! Enjoy!

Our hosts for the night - the very beautiful and witty Daphne Iking and comical Naz

The 20 finalists first walk and pose down the runway. These are Category B, the ones facing the other side are Category A.

Bad example - if you're a part time model, and in a model search, PLEASE learn to stand properly when you're not sashaying down the runway or posing! I mean seriously!

Daphne and Naz again

Cute guy right in the middle!

The girls strutting their stuff in eclipse by Sonny San. These dresses were specially designed by the man himself for them! Can anyone spell I WANT ONE TOO!!!:P

There was a special performance by Noryn Aziz. Gotta love those power vocals!

Then she went on to sing "The Way You Look Tonight" and I melted. It is seriously one of my favorite-st songs in the world and when she sang the first line, she did it so well, I wanted to cry

The models taking their last walk down the runway before the announcement of winners.

The winners (L-R)
Jenna Gong - Canon Most Photo Perfect,
Natacha Meunier - Miko Hair Studio Ambassador + Grand Prize Winner Category A,
Jennifer So - eclipse Most Elegant,
Jasmine Ngee - Grand Prize Winner Category B and
Nur Syuda (Anna) Andrewsmodesls Most Promising Catwalk


Another shot of the winners. Congratulations ladies!

No comments: