Friday, July 16, 2010

Origins Make A Difference Media Launch at Avilion, Port Dickson

I was in Avilion, Port Dickson for an Origins Make A Difference launch. They sponsored a two day trip there for the media with fun and games.

It was my first trip to Port Dickson (ever, I swear) and I gotta say it wasn't too bad. I quite liked Avilion but I think it's a tad over priced...

Nice trip though.

The best part - the animal farm. They've got like a million bunnies, a couple of guinea pigs, tortoises in a pond, chickens and a bunch of peahens and a peacock.

I spent most of my time there feeding and petting them and OMG they're like the most tamest bunch of animals I have ever seen. The moment you step in, they swarm you! Well mostly cuz they think you have food hahaha





See what I mean? The moment I stepped in they all came over sniffing my feet! And they've really got this huge enclosure. Every day that I passed by, all I did was go in and play with them



On the way to the room, or at least my room, I saw this huge bullock cart and the tourist in me couldn't help but to take some photos to show




On the way to my room. They've got like "villages" all over and mine was Cochin


My beds. There's a queen sized four poster bed *drool* and a day bed at the window side facing the beach.
Being the bed bunny that I am, I could just stay all day in there lazing around watching the ocean come in.



The indulgent bathroom. there's a tub... and an open air shower with an airwell which looks out into the ocean.



My balcony



And the view that comes with it. Port Dickson has got really low tide during the day so you can literally see for miles out.

That white building on the left is where the launch was going to be held. It's a spa downstairs. The second floor is a lounge and reflexology area.


My welcoming letter and a dessert rose in a beaker. Apparently, the desert rose is one of those plants that can come alive again with just a little water.


A kinda creepy looking cupboard. I guess I'm a bit too Asian after all sometimes. There's this saying that you shouldn't sleep with a mirror facing the bed because if your soul leaves, it can get confused on which is the real you and never get back.



The Origins Make A Difference pack they left in the bathroom for me



Cam-whoring before heading out for the telematch. Thought I'd wear a bikini under my "sports" clothes cuz well, I don't want to be wearing panties and having to jump into the ocean. Still working the bikini pretty well :)




Cam-whoring again before dinner. The theme was "Blue" so I wore my new blue dress



Those peacocks just walk everywhere mesmerizing everyone but his mates



An almost sunset view



I love frangipanis... they're always so beautiful



Heading up towards the launch



Another almost sunset view




Enjoying some mocktails while watching the sun set into the horizon. Love the decor!



The sun was pretty much gone and the moon was slowly enveloping the night sky with its calmness




Dinner was yum! They had lamb (I'm a huge sucker for lamb) and I had loads of it!



Rachel and me with our "sculptures". We were given some modeling foam clay and asked to create something that reminded us of the ocean. Hers is a crab (like, duh) and mine is Princess Ariel.



Turns out it was a contest! I thought I'd win 1st hahaha but I got a consolation. I think it's because the girl who won, made the word ORIGINS on her sculpture... what a way to suck up...



(L-R) Yoke Hwa's Patrick, Rachel's crab and Princess Ariel (posing on Sponge Bob Square Pants)



The morning view from my balcony. It was raining and all, so somehow the tide was high the whole day...







See what I mean when I said I spent A LOT of time in the animal enclosure? :P and can you blame me? Look at ALL that cuteness!!!




These are the other rooms. Avilion has got two types - Garden Village and Water Village



The Batavia Lookout



and this is where it looks out to



That's how far the tide came in on this morning. Yesterday... it was ALL the way out there... that you could literally stand under the water chalets



The view from the spa

Ahhh how I didn't want to come back to civilization. It really has been a while since I've had a vacation and to think this was completely paid for!!!

Pictures courtesy of Origins and myself.

No comments: